One of Photomatix’s newest and best features is the ability to make detailed adjustments right there in the application. An example of the kinds of adjustments you can make includes a way to target specific areas for very precise changes. What other adjustments can you make? In this movie, author Richard Harrington demonstrates just how powerful this tool is.
- One of the best new things that's been added…to Photomatix Pro version six is the ability…to make great adjustments right within the application.…These can be brushed in, based upon color…or even can target specific areas for very precise changes.…Let's start with some of the basics…but I'll show you how powerful this is.…To start, I'll click browse and load…and I'll navigate to folder six…and go into the adjustments folder.…
In this case, I have a seven shot bracket…that was shot under very low lighting…in a historical mansion and I'll click load.…Now I'll choose to merge these.…We'll take care of removing some noise…as well as align these, however this was shot on a tripod.…I'll click align and merge to generate the new files…and then merge them together for high dynamic range.…
This'll take just a moment.…Now that the scene's been merged,…let's explore a few options. First, I'll work…with the tone balancer method using my built in presets.…And I think in this case the interior preset works…quite well. But there's a few things that I'd like to fix.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Intermediate
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.