If you use Apple Photos for OS X, you have a couple different ways for accessing the technology of Photomatix from inside that application. How do you use Photomatix with Photos for OS X? In this movie, author Richard Harrington walks you through how to edit photos with Photos for OS X and Photomatix.
- If you use Photos for OS 10 you have two ways…of accessing technology from Photomatix…inside of that application.…Let's go ahead and import some images into Photos for OS 10.…I'll choose File,…Import.…Navigate to the images that you'd like to use.…I have a series of photos captured on an iPhone.…When shooting on the iPhone, you have the option…to tell it to shoot HDR and in your preferences…you can tell it to save the bracketed photos.…
I'll click Review For Import.…Now, since this is my computer,…I've technically already imported these into the system…because they came in from my iPhone,…but in your case, just click Import 9 Selected…and they'll be added into your library.…If you scroll down to the bottom of the list,…you should see the recent imports.…Now, there's a couple ways to go about this.…If you're using an older version of Photos for OS 10…you'll need to select the photos that you want…to work with and choose File,…Export…and generate new photos to bring into Photomatix.…
However, we have a new method, here, available to us.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Appropriate for all
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.