If you don’t have Lightroom but do have Photoshop, you’re in luck when it comes to merging HDR images thanks to Photomatix’s compatible relationship with Adobe Bridge. In this movie, join author Richard Harrington shows how to load photos from HDRsoft’s Photomatix into Adobe Photoshop through Adobe Bridge.
- For those of you that don't use Lightroom,…but still have an Adobe workflow,…chances are you work inside of Photoshop,…and, of course, Photoshop has its own method…for merging HDR images,…but it's also compatible with Photomatix,…thanks to the relationship with Adobe Bridge.…Here's how it works.…In Photoshop, simply choose File, Browse in Bridge.…This will launch the companion program for browsing…and navigating through your images.…Choose the location where the files are stored.…
In this case, on my desktop.…I'll select three images here.…Now, if I right click, you'll notice a few choices.…For example, Open in Camera Raw.…This will allow you to make any basic adjustments…that you want to the individual raw files first.…Now, these files have already been slightly tweaked.…You see I could recover the highlights a little bit more,…and perhaps adjust the White Balance to a desired setting.…
This was a bit of shade.…That's a little too much, so let's just roll that back.…That looks pretty good.…I'll choose select all, right click, and sync my settings,…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Intermediate
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.