When you create a file in Photomatix, you have a number of different options for naming it when you save it. What exactly are these options and which ones work best for your files? In this movie, author Richard Harrington shows the different file naming options available in HDRsoft’s Photomatix Pro.
- Once you've created a file with Photomatix,…you have a few options on how the file is named…when you store it.…Let's review the process of quickly loading an image,…and we'll get it ready to save.…From Photomatix, I'll click 'Browse and Load,'…and I'll navigate to folder 3.…You'll notice in this case that the files have…the unique camera original names.…
It tells us the sequence of the image…and the file extension,…indicating that this is an Olympus RAW file.…We'll go ahead and merge here,…and we'll bypass all of the other options here…except for alignment.…This was shot on a tripod,…so I'll click 'Align and Merge.'…Notice as the files open,…it ticks through the individual extensions…and knowing those extensions is useful…if you ever had to rebuild the HDR file…or wanted to go back to the source imagery.…
Let's choose a particular method here.…We'll go back to 'Built-In' presets,…and I'll work with the 'Details Enhancer' option…and choose 'Detailed.'…If we take a look at the before and after,…you see that the HDR image definitely reveals…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Appropriate for all
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.