Batch processing is a time saver when it comes to your workflow. It lets you experiment with different presets or select several photos and apply the presets you want to them. In this movie, author RichardHarrington shows how to batch process several different bracketed photos from the same shoot.
- You may recall our discussion on batch processing.…It really allows you to save time.…Earlier, I did an example of batch processing…a time-lapse sequence.…Now, I'd like to show you how I can batch-process…several different bracketed photos from the same shoot.…With Photomatix open, you'll see the choice…to batch bracketed photos.…This will make it easy to select the options that you want.…You might decide to first browse and process…one of the photos that's from that shoot…in order to get the right settings,…but I'm just going to be a little bit more experimental here…and let Photomatix try some options out.…
I'll click Batch Bracketed Photos,…and it brings up a new dialog.…Now, select the folder that contains the images.…I'll navigate to the exercise files.…Go to Folder Six,…and choose Automating with Batch Processing.…Select the folder called Bracketed Series.…It contains three sets of photos.…These are shots from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC,…and you see the traditional three-shot bracket…to help cover the dynamic range.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Intermediate
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.