After you’ve finished your HDR image, Photomatix provides some advanced tools for you to use for the finishing touches. In this movie, author Richard Harrington explores these advanced tools for after completing the merge and tone mapping to further refine the image in HDRsoft’s Photomatix Pro.
- Once you've completed your high dynamic range image,…Photomatix offers some advanced tools for finishing touches.…Let's explore what you can do after the merge…and after the tone mapping to further refine your image.…I'll click Browse & Load to load up another example,…and you can navigate to folder seven.…Feel free to use the process TIFFs.…In this case, this is a shot of a low light situation,…the interior of an armory in a historic location.…
This was a fort that was used to protect the bay…in the US Virgin Islands.…And I shot this image at different exposures in order…to properly convey all of the contents of the scene.…I'll click Load to bring that in,…and let's adjust the spacing here.…I know that these were two stops apart.…I'll click Merge Options next…and tell it to align the source images…specifying that this was shot on a tripod.…
I've already reduced the noise on the TIFFs,…so I can uncheck that box, and there's nothing moving,…so I don't need to remove ghosts from the scene.…Since there are some really bright…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this material in our library.
- Loading bracketed photos
- Aligning source images
- Reducing noise and chromatic aberration
- Tone mapping with methods
- Fusing a single image or multiple images
- Removing color cast
- Automating with batch processing
Skill Level Appropriate for all
HDR Photography: Shooting and Processingwith Ben Long4h 58m Intermediate
1. Loading Bracketed Photos
2. Preprocessing Images with Photomatix
3. An Overview of Tone Mapping and the Exposure Fusion Workflow
4. Tone Mapping in Depth
5. Exposure Fusion in Depth
6. Advanced Options to Solve Problems
7. Post-Processing Your Image with Finishing Touches
Final thoughts1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.