Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video The value of the printed portfolio, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- In our digital era with countless…and endless illuminated screens, print sets you apart.…It's tangible.…It's tactile.…Printed work, it beckons a slower review.…And printed work can sometimes leave a lasting impression…that you just can't get with that illuminated screen.…So if you're interested in extending…the reach of your portfolio,…what I encourage you to do is consider print.…
Now there's so many different ways…to use all of those images that you've prepared.…You can print thank you cards, promo cards,…or portfolios as well.…Now I've found that what print does…is that it gives you the ability…to have a conversation piece,…to connect with people in a really unique way.…So I'll print my work out in portfolio form, like this here.…And in this book, what you'll find are the images…that I have on my website.…And I'll just flip through a few pages,…so that you can see what it looks like.…And here I'm just randomly selecting…different pages from the book.…
But you get the idea that by having this artifact,…it allows someone to access your work…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.