iPhone Photography, from Shooting to Storytelling
In this course, Richard Koci Hernandez celebrates the art of iPhoneography—how to shoot, enhance, and share photos with an Apple iPhone. The course covers an actual iPhone photo shoot and includes details on how to select and edit photos using a variety of iOS apps and how to interact with the vibrant iPhone photo community by sharing photos using the popular Instagram app. In a bonus chapter, Koci and a lineup of iPhone photography enthusiasts and journalists meet at the 1197 conference in San Francisco to discuss shooting techniques, photo-enhancement tips, and inspiration in the art of photographic storytelling.
- iPhone shooting techniques and tips
- Using apps to get the look you want
- Combining apps to refine your photos
- Telling a story with images
- Sharing photos on Instagram
- What makes the iphone the perfect device right now for creatives, especially photography, it's the camera in your pocket, it's the computer in your pocket, and it's your printing press. You have this with you all of the time. It's really democratized the idea of photography. What I love about the iphone is that has stripped me of all the things, technical things, that I have had to think about or forced myself to think about.
And what this device has done is made me think about the content and the story. What we're gonna do is go on this creative journey and we're gonna start on the streets of L.A. You'll get to see my approach and maybe some of the things that are going on in my head as I shoot. We'll break it down and bring it back into the studio. You'll be able to see some of the apps I use, some of the approaches. You'll be able to see how really critical it is to play around with apps. We'll also talk about how storytelling is one of those tools, one of those skills that if you learn it, it'll help your stories, your images really stick in people's minds.
We'll also talk about how important it is to then share those images that you take. And finally, we'll bring you to the 1197, the very first iphoneography conference, the first of it's kind where all of these iphoneographers met and shared secrets, tips, tricks and ideas. This is my favorite camera. It's also become my box of crayons, a place for me to experiment with my photography, to kind of color outside of the lines.
What I hope to do is share with you some of my tips and tricks of iphone photography.
Creative Inspirations: Richard Koci Hernandez, Multimedia Journalist92,365 Views
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finish11,505 Views
Travel Photography: Geologging and Journaling on the Road62,753 Views
The Creative Spark: Brian Kaufman, Visual Journalist31,067 Views
Cindy Loughridge, Lifestyle Photographer9,023 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,545,810 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,516,392 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views