Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,971 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- iPhone shooting techniques and tips
- Using apps to get the look you want
- Combining apps to refine your photos
- Telling a story with images
- Sharing photos on Instagram
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- What makes the iphone the perfect device right now for creatives, especially photography, it's the camera in your pocket, it's the computer in your pocket, and it's your printing press. You have this with you all of the time. It's really democratized the idea of photography. What I love about the iphone is that has stripped me of all the things, technical things, that I have had to think about or forced myself to think about.
And what this device has done is made me think about the content and the story. What we're gonna do is go on this creative journey and we're gonna start on the streets of L.A. You'll get to see my approach and maybe some of the things that are going on in my head as I shoot. We'll break it down and bring it back into the studio. You'll be able to see some of the apps I use, some of the approaches. You'll be able to see how really critical it is to play around with apps. We'll also talk about how storytelling is one of those tools, one of those skills that if you learn it, it'll help your stories, your images really stick in people's minds.
We'll also talk about how important it is to then share those images that you take. And finally, we'll bring you to the 1197, the very first iphoneography conference, the first of it's kind where all of these iphoneographers met and shared secrets, tips, tricks and ideas. This is my favorite camera. It's also become my box of crayons, a place for me to experiment with my photography, to kind of color outside of the lines.
What I hope to do is share with you some of my tips and tricks of iphone photography.