Learn why and how to use continuous lighting sources such as LED panels for photography. Discover how to tackle portraits and product photography with LEDs, use LEDs outside, and more.
- Hi, I'm Abba Shapiro. I'm a photographer with over 25 years of experience shooting both stills and video. I shoot everything from portraits and events to product photography and landscapes. In this course we'll look at how LED lights are different than traditional, continuous lights and strobes. We'll look at how to choose the best LED light for the job, some LED lighting best practices, different types of LED lights, the pros and cons of LED lighting, shooting stills with LED lights, and we'll spend some time actually using these LED lights in real world environments.
LED lighting technology has changed a lot over the past few years. It's getting cheaper, brighter, and even more portable, so let's get started with lighting with LEDs.
In this course, photographer and educator Abba Shapiro details the why and how behind using LED panels and other continuous lighting sources for photography. He covers the pros and cons of shooting with continuous LED lights, reviews the different types of LED lights, explains how to tackle portraits and product photography with LEDs, and shows how to work with LEDs when you're outside.
- The pros and cons of LED lighting
- Reviewing key terms
- The types of LED lights
- Shaping and controlling LED lights
- Shooting portraits
- Shooting product photography
- Working with LEDs outside