Learn Lightroom and Photoshop workflow and image editing techniques by watching Julieanne Kost take five images from start to finish, beginning in Lightroom and ending in Photoshop.
- [Instructor] Hi, and welcome to this course, where we'll be taking five projects from start to finish. I'm Julieanne Kost and I've been working on the digital imaging team at Adobe for over 25 years. I started in technical support, worked as a designer on the customer education team, and today, I'm the principal digital imaging evangelist for Lightroom, Photoshop, and the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. Because there are often several ways to do the same thing in Lightroom and Photoshop, this course is going to help answer the question of what imaging editing techniques I apply to photographs in Lightroom, and when and why I move to Photoshop to continue making changes.
We'll begin by walking through the more traditional image editing tools and techniques that I use to tone and enhance my images in Lightroom. Then, we'll take an in depth look at more elaborate manipulations in Photoshop. We'll use sophisticated re-touching tools to remove distracting elements in a scene, we'll seamlessly combine images together to reinforce the visual narrative of an image, and then, we'll use our imagination to create a surreal world using layers and masking to composite multiple images shot at completely different times and at different locations, and we'll unify them with the help of color and tone.
Through watching this project oriented course, my goal is that you'll gain insight and a different workflow approaches that will bring to life images that are truly and uniquely yours. I'm excited to be your instructor, and I can't wait to share what I know about Photoshop, so let's get started.
- Selecting Lightroom or Photoshop to edit images
- Optimizing in Lightroom, and then proceeding to Photoshop
- Retouching to remove distracting elements
- Using multiple photographs to quickly replace unwanted elements
- Unifying multiple images using color and tone