Learn the concepts and steps behind creating a photography portfolio that showcases your work and conveys your personal brand.
- For the creative professional, or for the inspiring enthusiast, a portfolio is essential. It's the equivalent of a passport for the person that wants to travel around the world. You know, without it you can't really get very far, and over the last decade, I have had the privilege of teaching photographers, filmmakers, designers, and illustrators, how to create an effective portfolio so that they can do more of the work that they love. Well that's exactly what this course is about. In this course, we're going to be taking a look at how we can create a portfolio from a photographic perspective because that's what I do, yet the topics that you'll encounter, well they're relevant to so many different fields.
So what exactly will we cover in this course? Well, we will begin by taking a look at how we can create a vision for the portfolio that we want to create. We'll look at how we can set specific goals, we'll also discuss things like the essential steps or stages that you want to go through to make a good portfolio. We'll talk about how you can develop a personal brand, define a visual identity or logo, we'll discuss things like what to consider when buying a domain name or hosting, and I'll provide a primer, or an overview, of how you can build a website portfolio yourself.
All right, well we are going to cover all of these topics and more, so thanks for joining me in this course, let's begin.
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print