This video covers the certificate of waiver, what can be waived in Part 107, the FAA waiver process, and how to apply for a certificate of waiver.
- Sometimes you want to do some things with your aircraft,…but find that the rules will not allow you to.…Well, it is possible to get a waiver,…so that you can do some things,…even though the rules prohibit them.…Remember that the FAA makes the rules thinking about safety.…So if you can prove that you can be safe,…chances are that you can get that waiver.…However, not all of the rules are waivable.…Some of them are very firm,…and you won't be able to get a waiver for those.…
Your request for a Certificate of Waiver…must contain a description of the requested waiver…and a description of how safety will be maintained.…The administrator might limit your request.…Once you get the waiver you may deviate…from the regulations of this part,…but you must comply with any conditions or limitations.…Here are some waivable sections of Part 107.…Operation from a moving vehicle or aircraft.…
Not for carriage of property of another person,…for compensation or hire.…Daylight operation.…Visual line of sight.…Not for carriage of property of another…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.