Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Visual identity resources, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] If you're feeling like you could use some…help when it comes to designing your own visual identity,…I think you'll find this movie to be helpful…because here I'll share just a few resources…that can help you to get started.…Alright, well, where to begin?…A great place to begin is a website…which is called tailorbrands.com.…Now you don't necessarily need to sign up for this service…or buy anything there but you can use this area of their…website where you can try out different brand ideas.…You basically navigate to the site,…fill out your information,…and it will give you different logo options.…
It's a great way to brainstorm how your brand may appear.…Another place that you can go to is called 99designs.com.…Now, this is one that does cost money.…I think, at an entry level,…it's maybe two or three hundred dollars…and what you do is you sign up…and then you basically create a brief about your brand…and then different designers come up with different ideas.…Now all of these came from that site and it can just help…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 51s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 38s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.