Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Top 3 things every portfolio needs, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- For over a decade, I've had the privilege of…reviewing a lot of portfolios.…And I've had my own portfolio reviewed as well.…And through all of those experiences,…I've learned a few things.…I've learned what to look for in a portfolio.…I've also learned what actually works…and what helps people to launch their career,…to get the work that they really want to do.…And what I've discovered is that there are…three things that great portfolios need.…Are you ready for these?…They need to be cohesive, curated, and unique.…
Let me explain.…With a portfolio that is cohesive,…has this body of work that fits together,…almost like puzzle pieces…which just match perfectly in a really wonderful way.…Now a portfolio that isn't cohesive,…perhaps looks like this.…It's great work, but you see some fashion photographs…and maybe some field photography, and lifestyle,…and commercial architecture…and it's just kind of confusing because you don't really know…what this person wants to do.…In other words, if you want to create a great portfolio,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.