Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Survey of popular portfolio platforms, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Narrator] In this movie I'm going to provide you with…a brief survey of some of the popular portfolio platforms.…Now I do want to point out that I don't get anything…for saying anything about these options,…and I'm not trying to get you to sign up with any of them.…I just want to show you what's out there.…All right, well, one option is Squarespace.…It's a really popular one.…It's one that I use myself.…You can go there and you can search…through their different templates.…It's all template based, and then you can customize those.…Let me show you a few options,…just because I have my site there.…I'll show you mine.…
Here you can see how we can click through images,…and what I like about it is I can easily…add and change photographs.…I can also do things like integrate…video into it really easily.…You can see a video there, or I have a little store,…where you can buy something which is like this PDF guide,…and I like the quick and easy ability…to be able to do all of those things.…Now this is just one look,…and let me show you one other look.…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.