Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Simple and effective Instagram strategies, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Once you have launched your portfolio…it's time to begin to market it, to get the word out,…to increase your online presence.…A great way to do that is to share the images…which you have on your portfolio…on different social media sites,…like Instagram, Facebook, and others.…And so here what I'm going to do…is talk about a bit of a workflow,…so that you can expedite the way that you do that…rather than having to do it from scratch every day.…Alright, well here's what you can do.…You already have a folder of images,…which are already finished, complete, perfected,…you want to take advantage of that and here's how.…
Inside of Lightroom go to that folder…and select all of those files,…then next you're going to create Collections…for each different social media site.…So here we'll go ahead and select those,…click on the plus icon in Collections,…and choose Create Collection.…The Collection we'll create first is for Instagram,…so I'll just abbreviate that, IG.…I want to include the selected photos.…And it's really helpful to create virtual copies,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.