Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting specific goals, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] All right, next let's talk about…how we can create some specific goals…for our portfolio.…If you think about a portfolio,…often you have to start to think about…well what is the type of work…that you want to do.…Because whatever work you show, you're going to get.…And what I want to do is walk through…some of my specific goals.…I want to do more editorial work,…and that essentially means working for publications.…I also want to do commercial work…because that's where often you can earn more income…from those types of jobs.…And I'd like to do work…where it involves some sort of travel.…Now there may be other categories as well…that you would like to include on the list.…
Maybe you want to do some nonprofit work,…or fine art photography,…or maybe you also shoot weddings…and do some journalism.…What you want to do is brainstorm…a number of different specific types of photography…that you want to do.…Now just to keep things simple here,…after you've done that…you want to select a few.…So for the sake of a demo, I'll select these three here.…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.