This video covers risk mitigation and management, risk assessment tools, likelihood of an event, severity of an event, IMSAFE, managing external pressures, and human behavior.
- Risk mitigation is a process that we should keep in mind…so that we can truly minimize the inherent risks…associated with any flight.…Let's get to it.…Risk mitigation is the part of the decision-making process…which relies on situational awareness, problem recognition,…and good judgment to reduce risks…associated with each flight.…Please keep in mind that no person may operate…a civil small unmanned aircraft system…unless it is in a condition for safe operation.…
Safety risk assessment that includes…preflight familiarizations, inspections, and actions…can be accomplished as part of an overall procedure…to help minimize risk.…Two defining elements of Aeronautical Decision-Making,…or ADM, are hazard and risk.…Hazard is a real or perceived condition, event,…or circumstance that a pilot encounters…and risk is an assessment of the single…or cumulative hazard facing a pilot.…
The remote pilot in command needs to asses…the degree of risk by doing one or all of the following.…Use visual observers, preflight inspection,…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.