This video covers requirements and what to do if an FAA inspector asks you for your documents. It also cover recertification requirements.
- We already mentioned this,…but it's worth it to mention it again.…The remote pilot in command must be at least 16 years old,…must be able to read, speak, write…and understand the English language,…although the FAA may make some exceptions to this rule.…The remote pilot in command must be…in a good physical and mental condition.…The remote pilot in command must also…pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test.…
After the FAA receives the application,…the TSA will automatically conduct a…background security screening of the applicant,…before it issues a remote pilot certificate.…If successful, the FAA will issue…a permanent remote pilot certificate.…If not successful, the applicant will be disqualified…and a temporary pilot certificate will not be issued.…You may appeal the decision to the TSA.…After getting your initial certificate,…you must complete a course or take a…recertification test every 24 calendar months.…
If you get ramp checked by an FAA inspector,…you must make available to him or her, the following:…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.