Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Print and promo cards, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Continuing on this topic…of print and promotional materials,…here I want to highlight two places that you can go…in order to get some inspiration.…The first one is an Instagram feed by Rob Haggart.…Rob Haggart has a feed which is completely devoted…and dedicated to promo pieces of photographers,…and you can go through these and see all different types…but it's a great place to get some inspiration,…you definitely want to check it out.…The next one is to go to artifactuprising.com/ideagallery,…and this is the area where they showcase things…that have that #ArtifactUprising,…and it just shows how different people are creating prints…and there's some really inspiring stuff,…whether it's just the books or the combination of images,…or photographs on the wall, but it really will get you…thinking about how you might be able to use print…in your own life and in your own workflow,…so it's a great place to go just to dig around…and search a little bit for some inspiration.…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.