Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing the images in Lightroom and Photoshop, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Next, I want to share with you an overview…of how we can prepare and finish off our images…using Lightroom and Photoshop before we upload our files…to our portfolio site.…So here, you can see I'm in Lightroom,…and the intent here isn't to show you an exhaustive view…of how we can work in Lightroom, but rather,…it's to highlight this whole idea that this is the original…image that I have here,…and then this is the file after a little bit of processing.…What type of processing?…Well, typically it begins in the basic panel,…you can see a few basic adjustments there.…
Here's another image which needed just a little bit…of brightening up and changing of the color temperature.…Still another one where I've cleaned the image up…and improved the overall look.…Let me go through that image from start to finish…so you can have a sense on how I would approach this.…Here's the original file, I would begin by cropping it,…so I'd select the crop tool in Lightroom.…You could also do this in camera raw.…And here I'm just going to bring in that crop area,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 51s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 38s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.