Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Posting to social media, part of Pictures that Move: Creating Cinemagraphs with Photoshop, After Effects, Flixel, and Cliplets.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Once you have a completed project,…it's time to share it.…Depending upon the social media platform…you want to use, or the website,…there are a few different choices.…Let's walk through some of the free options,…as well as some of the paid options.…Once I've exported a file, the GIFs are…supported by certain social networks.…For example, let's run through the major four.…I'll make a new window here and start with Twitter.…When I go to make a tweet, and I choose to add the photo,…go with something less than two megabytes.…
When you click "Choose", it'll attach to the tweet,…and then you can just click the "Tweet" button…to send it out.…Twitter will now encapsulate the file…and pull it up to its servers,…and make it a part of your tweet.…You'll note that, by default,…it doesn't play in the timeline,…it becomes a player card.…But anybody who wants to see it can expand that…and when they do, it will play.…
Let's make that a little smaller…so it fits on the page.…You see that my caption and my GIF have made the jump.…
- Planning a cinemagraph shot
- Shooting video and time lapses for cinemagraphs
- Combining stills
- Developing a cinemagraph
- Loading image sequences and video
- Creating and refining masks
- Correcting color
- Saving and optimizing GIF images and video
Skill Level Advanced
Design the Web: Animated Loading GIFswith Chris Converse26m 10s Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Fundamentalswith Deke McClelland11h 36m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Using the exercise files1m 20s
1. What Are Cinemagraphs?
2. Essential Shooting Techniques
3. Developing a Cinemagraph
Bandwidth considerations5m 41s
4. Creating Cinemagraphs with Photoshop
5. Creating Cinemagraphs with Flixel
6. Creating Cinemagraphs with After Effects
7. Creating Cinemagraphs with Cliplets
8. Optimizing the Images
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.