This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Leveraging different types of light
- Finding the right light for the right mood or effect
- Taking portraits for business and family clients
- Making the camera and light work together
- Helping people look their best
Skill Level Beginner
- Portraits are the most important and most useful photographs you can make. Because they are people pictures, they have intrinsic value, especially to anyone who knows the person in the picture, but we can do much more than simply take a picture of a person, and with a little bit of care, you can quickly create an impactful and artful portrait. You'll see that lighting is the most important consideration in portraiture, and great light will help you make a great portrait. My name is Levi Sim and in this class, I'll show you how to control the light so that you can make a great portrait any time and in any place.
We'll use just one light source to do this, and while I'll usually use this little speed light to demonstrate, these principles apply to all lights, from sunshine to a work lamp you can buy at the home improvement store. Once we've got the light under control and understand how to use it, I'm going to show you how to maximize it. I'll show you how you can use just one light to make 10 distinct portraits. We'll make artful pictures and pictures useful for business people, and I'll show you how to help people look their best in the pictures too.
Let's get started making 10 portraits with one light.
5-Day Photo Challenge: Portraiturewith Chris Orwig25m 59s Intermediate
Portrait Photography: Business Portraitswith Robert Vanelli1h 59m Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Principles of Portrait Lighting
2. Making Soft Light
3. Five Lighting Patterns
4. Making and Finding Directional Light
5. Ten Portraits with One Light
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.