Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Portfolio review and revision, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- Hey, congratulations on making it…this far in this course.…You know, once you have finished your portfolio,…the next thing to begin to consider is getting some review,…and what I have found is that regardless…of how good you are at your craft,…it's always helpful to get that outside perspective…to help you notice things that you might've overlooked,…because what I have found is that a portfolio,…it's a little bit more like a living organism,…and sometimes you'll be really excited…about all of the growth but then realize, you know what?…This leaf right here is dying, I need to get rid of it.…
And sometimes, it takes that outside set of eyes…to point out the obvious,…and that's definitely happened to me.…I'll never forget the first time…I had my portfolio reviewed by a magazine editor.…She looked at my work and said,…"Chris, I really like this work but what's lacking…"is a sense of context, I want to see more space,…"I need to be able to tell a story with these images…"and they're just too close,"…and that was great insight…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.