This video covers other airspaces such as Prohibited Areas, Restricted Areas, Warning Areas, Military Operations Areas (MOAs), Alert Areas, Controlled Firing Areas (CFAs), Military Training Routes (MTRs), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs), and Notices
- There are additional airspaces that we need to discuss.…These include prohibited areas, restricted areas,…warning areas, military operation areas,…alert areas, controlled firing areas,…military training routes, special flight rules areas,…temporary flight restriction areas, and more.…You need to be aware of these…so that you don't inadvertently fly into an area…that you're not supposed to be in.…
Prohibited areas are airspace of defined dimensions…within which the flight of aircraft is prohibited.…They are established for security or other reasons.…The area is charted as a P followed by a number.…In this case, you can see P-49.…Some examples include Camp David…and the National Mall in Washington, D.C.,…where the White House and the congressional buildings…are located.…Restricted areas are areas where operations are hazardous…to nonparticipant aircraft.…
Not all flight is prohibited,…but it is subject to restrictions.…Restricted areas are charted with an R followed by a number.…In this case, you can see the R-5002.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.