This video covers “see and avoid,” notifications and permissions, towered and untowered airports, and how to find their frequencies in the aeronautical sectional chart. It also covers airport signs, runways, and patterns.
- Whenever you are operating a small unmanned aircraft,…you must always yield the right-of-way…to all other aircraft.…Any manned aircraft will always have right-of-way.…This is known as see-and-avoid.…Usually there's not too much risk of collision…because manned aircraft flies much higher…than we fly our small unmanned aircraft.…However, at some point, these airplanes and helicopters…need to land and, of course, they do so at airports.…
This is why when flying your small unmanned aircraft…near an airport and always, you are responsible…for avoiding any kind of collision risk.…The Remote pilot in command must always…know the location and flight path of their aircraft,…be aware of other aircraft, persons, and property,…avoid a collision, prevent other aircraft…from having to take evasive action,…avoid interfering with operations at the airport,…again, must yield right-of-way to all other aircraft.…
First person view camera cannot satisfy…see-and-avoid requirement.…It is also the remote pilot in command's responsibility…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.