Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Nobody pays for a portfolio, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- In the previous chapter, we talked about starting…with the end in mind.…We talked about vision and goals…and it was really exciting stuff.…Yet in this chapter we're going to transition our attention…towards coming up with a roadmap for success…so that we can actually arrive at that destination…that we've defined.…Now one of the first things to realize,…to create a successful roadmap is this.…Nobody will ever pay you to create a portfolio.…
In other words, it's on your own dime and your own time.…Now if you're a creator professional,…this means you actually need to take time off of work.…You have to take time away from making money…and invest the time in creating this thing.…And that's important to keep in mind.…And regardless of where you're at in life,…this is one of those things where you have to ask yourself,…well what kind of time can I afford?…When can I find some time to work on this thing?…When can I create and design and build this portfolio?…Maybe it's early in the morning or maybe late at night…or maybe you could use your lunch break…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.