Join Kevin Ames for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Hard Drive Management for Creative Pros.
- Hard drives are just like light bulbs.…Eventually they're going to burn out and fail.…And just like light bulbs,…they can be replaced inexpensively.…If you think about a bar of light bulbs,…maybe four of them, and one of them burns out,…there's still enough light to see by.…You replace that bulb and everything still works.…You can still see.…Same things with hard drives and protected storage.…It's really important to set up a backup strategy…that protects against all of the ways…that hard drives can fail.…
They are the most cost effective way…of storing our data,…and since that's the case,…they're what we're using as our standard.…Once we know their failure points,…we can counteract them by proactive backup strategies.…321 backup is our best bet…to make sure that our data is always available…for all of the times that we want to use it.…It doesn't matter what kind of digital formats…we're working in,…photography, videography, or spreadsheets,…or Word documents.…
We all have to be aware of our data…and protect it when it's stored on hard drives.…
- What is in a hard drive?
- Formats for hard drives
- Using RAIDs for storing digital files
- Organizing assets
- Using digital asset management tools
- Connecting hard drives
- How often to backup
- Long-term backups
Skill Level Intermediate
Raw & Log Video Production Workflowswith Richard Harrington4h 36m Intermediate
Photo Management: Backup and Archivingwith Tim Grey53m 9s Intermediate
Adobe Bridge CC: Tips, Tricks, and Techniqueswith Richard Harrington2h 42m Intermediate
1. Understanding Hard Drives and Why They Fail
2. Formats for Hard Drives
3. Redundant Array of Inexpensive Drives (RAID)
4. Organizing Data Workflow Strategies
5. Digital Asset Management Tools
6. Connecting Hard Drives
7. Backups Are Mandatory
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.