Join Levi Sim for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Portrait Photography: Ten Styles with One Light.
- I enjoy photographing landscapes and nature,…but pictures with people are much more important.…Every time you photograph a person,…you make a valuable picture that is automatically…treasured by that person's family and friends.…And the more time passes, the more that photo…will be admired and cherished.…I've shown you many ways to create portraits…with different moods and feelings.…And I've shown you how you can do it with a single light.…You are ready to start making pictures.…The most important thing you can do…to make better portraits is to practice.…
You need to practice manipulating your light…so you know just exactly what it will do…in all kinds of situations.…Once you've got the light under control,…you need to make as many pictures as possible with people.…Each time you shoot, I recommend making…one more picture with a completely different mood.…It may be a keeper, or it may never see the light of day,…but it will help you keep your eye…for different kinds of light sharp and ready.…Thank you so much for joining me.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Leveraging different types of light
- Finding the right light for the right mood or effect
- Taking portraits for business and family clients
- Making the camera and light work together
- Helping people look their best
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
5-Day Photo Challenge: Portraiturewith Chris Orwig25m 59s Intermediate
Portrait Photography: Business Portraitswith Robert Vanelli1h 59m Intermediate
Exploring Photography: Finding the Perfect Portrait Lenswith Chris Orwig1h 20m Appropriate for all
Douglas Kirkland on Photography: Natural Light Portraiturewith Douglas Kirkland34m 46s Appropriate for all
1. Principles of Portrait Lighting
2. Making Soft Light
3. Five Lighting Patterns
4. Making and Finding Directional Light
5. Ten Portraits with One Light
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.