Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- Hey, congratulations on making it through this course.…So what is next?…Well the first thing is a big high five,…I am really excited for you for getting through this course,…and after you've finished your portfolio…and you've done everything that you need to do,…what comes next?…Well here's what it is.…The next thing you need to do…is to begin to capture or create images,…or whatever it is you do,…so that you can create a new portfolio.…
In other words, create work with a portfolio in mind.…Often what we do and when we create a portfolio…is we pull from the past and we use what we have.…Now the next step to grow as an artist…and to grow in your career,…is to not just pull from the past,…but to move ahead and to create thinking about how can I…build a cohesive body of work that is unique,…that is a 100% reflection of who I am?…And if you can begin to work in that way,…that can help you to work towards a brand new portfolio…and it can help you to evolve and grow…and do more of the work that you love.…
Well, in closing, thank you so much for joining me…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 51s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 38s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.