Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Natural Light Portrait Photography.
- All right, congratulations on making it…through this course, nice work.…Thanks so much for joining me in this one,…it really is an honor.…And as you can tell portraiture is a deep passion of mine.…I hope that you picked up some valuable tips and tricks…and insight that you can integrate right away…into your own photography.…Now if you want to learn more from me…I've a range of courses on photography and post-production…in the library.…You may want to check those out.…Also if you want to keep in touch you can visit my website,…chrisorwig.com.…
There you can find links to all of the things…that I do in my social media accounts like Instagram…and everything else.…In closing, get out there and start putting into practice…all that you've learned.…Go out and take some photographs and I hope that this course…has helped you to create more compelling and commercially…viable portraits.…Bye for now.…
In this course, photographer Chris Orwig shows how to shoot effective portraits in natural light—even when the light isn't great. Chris explains how to find the best light, use open shade to your advantage, and leverage the uniqueness of doorway light. He also goes into camera and lens considerations, creating better compositions, working with people, planning for a shoot, and tackling a live shoot. Plus, he shares some tips for earning income as a people photographer.
- Why back light is great for portraits
- Lighting from the side
- Using open shade to your advantage
- Working with dappled and window light
- Camera and lens considerations
- Choosing the right lens
- Creating better compositions
- Posing and directing subjects
- Preparing for a shoot
- Earning income as a people photographer
- Jumpstarting your professional delivery
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Lighting: Natural Lightwith Erin Manning40m 58s Beginner
Narrative Portraiture: On Location in New York Citywith Chris Orwig1h 30m Intermediate
1. Find the Best Light
2. Camera Craft
3. Create Better Compositions
4. Working with People
Advanced tips9m 7s
5. Planning Ahead
6. Live Shoot
7. Turn Your Passion into Profit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.