Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Make your own road map, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Now that we have talked a little bit about…the different stages of development that we can go through…to create the portfolio, next it's time for you…to begin to think about how you can…create your own road map.…And here's where we need to get a little bit specific…on how we're going to go through these different stages,…and here's why.…Cyril Parkinson put it this way.…He said, "Work expands so as to fill the time…"available for its completion".…In other words, if you say, "You know what,…"I'll create my portfolio in two months",…well, it will probably take that long.…If you say six months, it will take that long.…
It really depends upon how much time available…you're giving this project.…You also have to keep in mind that,…"Creativity without limits is likely to…"dissipate and sprawl", as Evan Chong once said.…In other words, if we do not put some limits on how…we're going to build this thing, it will just never happen.…And that happens to all of us, right, because a portfolio…we think, "One day, I'll get to it",…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.