METAR is an acronym for Meteorological Terminal Aviation Routine Weather Report or Meteorological Aerodrome Report. It is imperative that you learn how to correctly read a METAR, as much of the aviation weather information you need will be distributed in
- METAR is an acronym for…Meteorological Terminal Aviation Routine Weather Report…or Meteorological Aerodrome Report.…It is imperative that you learn how to correctly…read a METAR as many of the aviation weather information…that you need will be distributed in this format.…A METAR is an observation of current surface weather…reported in a standard international format.…METARs are issued on a regularly scheduled basis unless…significant weather changes have occurred.…
A special METAR or SPECI can be issued at any time…between routine METAR reports.…You can see here an example of what a METAR looks like.…A typical METAR report will contain…the following information in this order.…They type of report, in this case a METAR.…Station identifier which is a four letter code.…Date and time of the report depicted with six numbers…in Zulu or international time.…The first two digits are the date,…the last four digits are the time of the METAR.…
Modifier to let you know the source of the METAR.…Wind, which is reported with five digit…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.