This video covers the effects of loading changes, terrain and weight, balance, stability and center of gravity, load factor, and stalls.
- Before any flight, the remote pilot in command…should verify that the aircraft is correctly loaded…by determining it's weight and balance condition.…There are some restrictions established by the manufacturer…or the builder that should be closely followed.…You must comply with the manufacturer's weight…and balance limits because doing so is critical…to flight safety.…You should always consider the consequences of…an overweight aircraft during an emergency.…
The most common performance deficiencies…of an overloaded aircraft are,…reduced rate of climb, lower maximum altitude,…shorter endurance, and reduced maneuverability.…The effect of runway slope on launch distance…is due to the component of weight along the inclined…path of the aircraft.…An upslope would increase launch distance.…You should always correctly load your sUAS…so that you do not adversely affect the…center of gravity.…
To ensure that the unmanned aircraft's center…of gravity limits are not exceeded,…follow the aircraft loading instructions…specified in the UAS flight manual.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.