Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Launch strategy, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] So as you are finishing up the design…and development of your portfolio website…it is an incredibly exciting time,…because you're starting to think about launching it…and just throwing it out there into the world…and seeing what happens.…In light of this, what I want to do is walk through…a few different things to think about…as you start to consider the launch.…Here's how I like to think of things.…Before you climb up that later to the very top step…and throw that thing out there into the world,…you want to go through these different stages.…First, it's one of testing,…then second is a soft launch,…and then of course the full launch.…
Well, what is testing about?…Before I created this photograph of my buddy here…standing on this ladder out in the ocean,…we did a lot of testing, right?…Here he is climbing up to the ladder,…holding the plane, throwing it off,…the ladder fell over.…I mean, it was so much fun.…So in testing you really want to…kick the tires of the website.…You want to test it on different browsers,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.