Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Importance of a bio, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] While in the previous few movies,…we talked about how we could develop a mission statement…or manifesto that may or may not show up externally,…in this movie, we're going to turn our attention towards…the about page, and this is that forward facing section…where you get to create a narrative arc…for who you are and what you do, and this is…an essential part of a strong portfolio, and here's why.…When it comes down to who we are,…we are all incredibly different.…That's one of the reasons why I love portraiture.…
There's just so much about who we are…that makes us unique and one of a kind…and we want to be able to share that with people…because that, in a sense, will kind of clarify…what our point of view is and who we really are…and what we want to create and capture, and in a sense,…I think of the about or bio section of a website as…kind of revealing what is hidden.…You know, I think we know ourselves and we know who we are…but the rest of the world doesn't, so somehow,…we have to let them into that in a really specific way.…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.