Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the portfolio website, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] In order to talk a little bit more…about how we can customize the site,…I want to take a look at how we…can build out the About and Contact page.…And then explore how we can change…some of the other elements in the site as well.…All right, well here I'll go to the About page.…And in the About page, we can scroll over that area…or position our cursor over that area and hit edit.…This gives us access to be able to make changes.…Clicking into that text field,…I should go ahead and change that to About Chris Orwig.…Now if we want to change what this is,…you notice we do have some options up here.…
I could change this to normal text.…Now it's a little bit more subtle.…Or we could leave this on Heading 1,…and we could actually change the values for heading.…We'll do that a little bit later.…Next I wanted to add some type here.…So if we go over to this area,…whenever you see that cursor change…to a finger which is pointing, you can click,…and then you can add a lot of different things.…You could add video, audio file.…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 51s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 38s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.