Learn how to decide on the final selects for a project after a shoot.
- You're gonna come back from your shoot…with a card full of images and then,…what I think is the really fun part begins.…You gotta figure out what the images are.…You gotta get them adjusted and then you're gonna…be ready to start putting them into your layout.…So, figuring out what the keeper images are…is gonna be the first step in your post production work.…Well, the first step is gonna be…to copy them to your computer,…but to go through them, and examine them, and start to…sort through the good stuff from the bad stuff,…you're going to need some kind of image browsing software.…I'm using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.…It's what I use as the basis for all of my photo workflow,…but you could also use something like Adobe Bridge,…which you may already be using for asset management…in other parts of your design workflow,…or you could use any of the tools that…are built in to your operating system.…
Both the Mac and Windows have built-in photo browsers.…What you're looking for is a way to see a bunch of…thumbnails and go from a thumbnail view quickly to a…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Ben Long details the concepts and techniques that graphic designers should know about in order to work with photography more effectively. The course begins with a look at logistical and legal considerations, from composing for a layout to budgeting to obtaining permissions and releases. Next, Ben tackles the kind of assignment you might find yourself taking on—shooting a variety of different types of photos that are required for a print piece. The course concludes with guidance on where to go next to further your photography skills.
- What's different because you're a designer?
- Knowing the final specs for a design project
- Budgeting for a photo shoot
- Planning and previsualizing your shoot
- Preparing your camera
- How the eye sees differently from the camera
- Shooting individual and group portraits
- Post-production and final product
- Finding the keepers