Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a domain name, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] As we start to shift…our attention towards creating a website…so that we can launch our portfolio.…One of the steps that we need to take…is to get a domain name and eventually,…get some hosting for that as well.…So here, I want to begin the conversation…about how we can find the right domain name.…You'll do so by raising a couple questions,…one is, what is a domain name?…And second, what is web hosting?…Well, in order to talk about these topics,…because they are a little abstract,…I want to do so analogously or by way of comparison.…
I want to compare domain names…and web hostings to cell phones.…Let's say that we buy a cell phone,…well, that's great, you can have it in your pocket.…But it isn't any good unless, you have some sort of…service and you pay for a certain service package…and then that then allows you to work with your phone.…Now, how does this relate to domain names and hostings?…Well, in the sense, your phone is kind of like…your domain name, like your ChrisOrwick.com…or YourName.com, you can buy it, own it,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.