Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Examine and evaluate your work, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] The next step that I propose…that we take in this journey to creating…a great portfolio with a solid vision…is to begin to build upon what we've already talked about,…but then to take a close look at our work.…What we're going to do in this next step…is examine our work in a really unique way.…It's almost like we're going to put it under…the magnifying glass, and here as we look at our work,…we're going to begin to search for adjectives.…Now, what does this look like,…or what do I mean?…Well in order to explain this, I'm going to show you…some of my work, and also some of a friend's.…
We'll start off with my work here.…These are a couple photographs I captured…just moments apart.…The one on the left, the light is coming from the side.…The one on the right, the sun is behind the subject.…They're very different images.…What you want to do is get out your own work…and begin to evaluate it, and just search for adjectives.…Like with the image on the left,…a couple adjectives that come to mind.…It has cooler tones, it's a little bit more ordinary…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.