This video covers in-flight emergencies, emergency planning and communication, abnormal situations, lost links, contingency planning, flyaways, loss of GPS, battery fires, thermal runways, and preventing battery fires. Also covered is careless and reckles
- Anyone can have an emergency.…Who can predict the future? No one.…Equipment malfunctions, weather does weird things,…gusts of air come out of no where, radio links get lost.…Some emergencies are unavoidable,…but most of them are preventable.…In this section, we will discuss emergency situations.…If you have an inflight emergency,…you can deviate from any rule to the extent…that is necessary to deal with that emergency.…
However, if you do deviate from a rule,…you must, upon request,…send a written report of that deviation to the FAA.…The key words here are upon request.…You should become familiar with any manufacturer…suggested emergency procedures prior to your flight.…And you should also review these emergency procedures…during preflight planning and inform crew members…of what they need to do.…You must be prepared to respond to abnormal…and emergency situations in your flight.…
For this, you need to read…and follow the manufacturer's guidance.…Some of these abnormal situations will include:…lost link, flyaways, alternate landing or recovery sites,…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.