Douglas Kirkland on Photography: Photographing Kids and Families
When you photograph kids and families, "you're recording a piece of history," says renowned photographer Douglas Kirkland in Douglas Kirkland on Photography: Photographing Kids and Families. In this course, Douglas discusses the art of photographing kids ranging from toddlers to preteens, both alone and together with parents and siblings. As he photographs close friends and family members, Douglas discusses the use of ambient light as well as LED fill light, and demonstrates shooting techniques in both informal and studio settings.
- Capturing memories: the importance of photographing kids and families
- Working with toddlers by playing with them
- Making lens and lighting decisions
- Using props and toys to make kids comfortable
- Posing families and kids together
- [Voiceover] Photography of kids is very important. You're recording a very important piece of history. (camera clicks) - You want a great image that lasts into the future and people remember. (peaceful music) - [Voiceover] I love always to document families as I did my kids when they were growing up. - Oh, that's your favorite color? - [Voiceover] I find it best to start with the available light. (camera clicks) Respond to what is with you, what is in the air, what is in the location.
- Look to me! Yes, now we're getting some sunlight! (camera clicks) Very nice. - [Voiceover] You often have to tell people, "Move closer, closer. Please, touch your heads together." (camera clicks) (relaxing r,b music) - No matter what kind of beautiful new camera lens you have, it's the people out in front and how you relate to them. You know what you do very amazingly well? You tell stories. (camera clicks) Have the light panel ready, please. - [Voiceover] An LED system works beautifully for this delicate available light.
You just dial in a small amount. You're making a beautiful painting or something, that's what you're really doing with your camera. It's all a new challenge. And that's the excitement about photography.
Print Production Essentials: Digital and Variable Data Printing56,838 Views
Songwriting in Pro Tools42,790 Views
Creating a Slideshow with Edge Animate62,930 Views
iTunes 5 and 6 + iPod Essential Training168,835 Views
Flash User Experience Best Practices247,775 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training514,144 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,447,213 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,256 Views