Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a manifesto or mission statement, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Chris] So I think one of the best places to begin…to develop your own manifesto or mission statement…is to define your roles.…Think about the different things that you do:…wedding photography, family photography,…food photography, whatever it is.…Next, brainstorm your core values.…What do you really care about?…And then, put that all together:…articulate some sort of a mission statement…or manifesto or combination of the two.…So to show you an example, what I want to do is…walk through how I would do this for myself.…And here's what this might look like for me.…Well the three things that I basically do,…I'm a photographer, an author, and a teacher.…
So I would first identify my different roles.…Then next I would say, okay, within that space,…within those different roles,…what are my core values and how can I then…come up with some sort of mission statement…or manifesto for those?…Well I have a lot of different core values.…But what you want to do is just brainstorm some.…So here are a bunch of mine:…authentic, artistic, kind, optimist, warm hearted,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 51s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 38s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.