Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining your motivation, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Goal setting is one of the surest ways…that we can create a portfolio, which will enable…and empower us to do the work that we love.…When I create photographs, whether I'm photographing…a friend out surfing, or under the water,…or way up in the sky photographing from a helicopter.…All of these images are the result of my own goals.…This is true whether I'm photographing…in a great place like Italy,…in capturing images there, like these.…Or maybe just photographing someone who I really admire.…
Now all of this comes from this whole idea…of combining this vision that we have…for what a portfolio actually is,…for examining our work, and then step three…is asking ourself this question.…Well what are my goals with all of this?…Who do I want to attract?…Now in order to talk about goals,…we're going to start off here in this first movie…looking at a pulled back perspective of the goals.…We're going to almost take in the whole landscape…of goal setting, and then next we'll get really specific,…and say hey I want to climb this particular peak,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.