Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a visual identity and the power of iteration, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] After having selected…and purchased your domain name and hosting,…the next step is to begin to think about…the visual identity for your brand.…Now, the visual identity is typically made up…of typography treatment, color,…and maybe some design elements as well.…In this movie, what I want to do is essentially…ignite a few ideas about the process…of how you can start to develop…your own visual identification for your brand.…Here I want to talk a little bit about…the process, the value of iteration,…and then in the next movie I'll highlight a few resources.…
All right, well, in order to talk about the process,…I'll go through a few examples of my own.…One of them starts with this idea…that I wanted to create a website to showcase…some of my short films that I've been making.…So, I thought about California where I'm located,…in particular Santa Barbara, and came up…with this name 34 North Films.…That domain was available, so I picked it up.…So, I went through my ideation phase,…thought through some different things,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.