Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a visual identity in Photoshop, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to provide…a quick look at how we might use Photoshop…in order to create a visual ID or logo.…And in order to do that,…I'll first talk about the brand,…and then we'll go through a few logo options,…and then take a look at how we can use Photoshop…in order to design or build a visual identity of our own.…All right, well, I have a brand that I want to create.…It's called Savor Every Second, that's the domain name.…And it's for my family photography, and so here first,…I'm just going to go through…a number of different iterations that I've tried out…in regards to trying to come up with…an interesting brand for this project.…
You get a feel for the type treatment and the color…and the different look and feel that I have here,…and essentially, I'm using different marks or logos,…and you can see as I scroll through these,…there are quite a bit of different options,…as you can see here.…Well, how do we do something like that,…and how do we also have a lot of options in one document?…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.