Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a loop method with Flixel, part of Pictures that Move: Creating Cinemagraphs with Photoshop, After Effects, Flixel, and Cliplets.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Flixel essentially offers two methods of looping.…One method involves dissolving,…so as you get towards the end of the clip,…it basically does a slow, or quick dissolve,…back into the beginning of the clip.…Creating a loop a bit like this.…The other type of method that you can use,…is more of a ping-pong method,…where it bounces back and forth,…so when it reaches the end of the clip,…it simply reverses the direction, and plays backwards.…Depending upon the type of clip you're using,…either method could work.…
To determine the loop method,…click the Loop button.…In this particular case, you'll notice…as it gets to the end and does a dissolve,…the candle flames appear to jump.…That's because it's slowly fading the two together.…I think, a better looping method here,…would be a Bounce.…This is going to make it easy…for the image to simply flicker back and forth.…What we have here, is a very straightforward…candle flicker animation.…Note, I've made it long enough,…so it doesn't appear to be too abrupt.…
Now if you want to adjust the duration of that,…
- Planning a cinemagraph shot
- Shooting video and time lapses for cinemagraphs
- Combining stills
- Developing a cinemagraph
- Loading image sequences and video
- Creating and refining masks
- Correcting color
- Saving and optimizing GIF images and video
Skill Level Advanced
Design the Web: Animated Loading GIFswith Chris Converse26m 10s Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Fundamentalswith Deke McClelland11h 36m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Using the exercise files1m 20s
1. What Are Cinemagraphs?
2. Essential Shooting Techniques
3. Developing a Cinemagraph
Bandwidth considerations5m 41s
4. Creating Cinemagraphs with Photoshop
5. Creating Cinemagraphs with Flixel
6. Creating Cinemagraphs with After Effects
7. Creating Cinemagraphs with Cliplets
8. Optimizing the Images
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.