Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Color correction and enhancement, part of Pictures that Move: Creating Cinemagraphs with Photoshop, After Effects, Flixel, and Cliplets.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Once you feel like you've gotten the image,…you might decide that you want to process…it further to enhance its appearance.…In the case of this image sequence,…I did all of that look inside of…Adobe Camera Raw when I developed the files.…But the video could use a little boost.…In any case, let me walk you through…some of the essential adjustments that you have.…For this image here, I'm pretty happy with it as-is.…But if the client or I changed our minds,…I could easily roll the temperature of the shot,…making it warmer or cooler.…
To reset, just enter zero back into that field,…or click the "reset" button.…You can also add tint, introducing the greenish…or magenta tint, and again,…the "reset" button will take it back.…EV is the essential adjustment of exposure compensation,…lightening or darkening the shot.…I'll make that just a small bit brighter.…I prefer the exposure adjustment…over doing brightness or contrast,…which tends to wash things out.…
A little saturation boost, though,…could be welcome if you brightened the shot.…
- Planning a cinemagraph shot
- Shooting video and time lapses for cinemagraphs
- Combining stills
- Developing a cinemagraph
- Loading image sequences and video
- Creating and refining masks
- Correcting color
- Saving and optimizing GIF images and video
Skill Level Advanced
Design the Web: Animated Loading GIFswith Chris Converse26m 10s Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Fundamentalswith Deke McClelland11h 36m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Using the exercise files1m 20s
1. What Are Cinemagraphs?
2. Essential Shooting Techniques
3. Developing a Cinemagraph
Bandwidth considerations5m 41s
4. Creating Cinemagraphs with Photoshop
5. Creating Cinemagraphs with Flixel
6. Creating Cinemagraphs with After Effects
7. Creating Cinemagraphs with Cliplets
8. Optimizing the Images
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.