Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Clarify and define your vision, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Earlier I mentioned that a portfolio…can be tool which gives us the ability…to say more with less.…And as we seek to accomplish this…it's helpful to begin to think about our own…vision for the portfolio.…It's helpful to ask the question,…well, what is your vision for this thing…that you're going to create?…Now when it comes to portfolios we tend to think of them…as having this really big focus:…this is a collection of my work,…it's a website, it's a book of prints.…Yet, what I've found is that in order to clarify…and deepen your vision…it's actually helpful to begin to think about portfolio…in more of a multi-faceted way.…
What if a portfolio actually had many different aims…and many different goals?…Now what do I mean by this?…What I mean is what if my portfolio isn't just…something that will be viewed on the web…or on a mobile phone or in a box of prints?…What if my portfolio maybe even isn't those things?…What if it isn't a book or a website?…What if it is not a gallery?…What if my portfolio is not a marketing tool?…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.