Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Buying a domain name, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] The next step to consider…is signing up for a service…or buying a domain name and hosting,…and here I want to briefly touch on that topic.…Well, we've already established this whole idea…that a domain name and hosting,…they are two different things.…So when it comes to picking up these items,…one of the ways you can do it…is buy domain name at one shop, at one place,…or one site, and hosting at another.…Now, if you're like me,…I'm someone who likes to simplify things,…you may not want to do that because things…can get a little bit complicated.…
It'd be kind of like buying your phone in one place…and then going to another place…to actually activate it and buy service from them.…I'm more of an all-in-one kind of person and so…one of the ways that you can do this…is buy your domain name and hosting at the same spot…and that's what I recommend.…Of course, you want to do some research about cost…and options that are out there…and there are a lot of great options…but if you end up going with one of those platforms,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.